HOMEOWER INSURANCE COVERAGE — WHAT IS COVERED
Standard homeowners insurance coverage policies provide the following types of coverage, up to the limits outlined in the policies:
- Dwelling — Pays for damage or destruction to your house and any unattached structures and buildings, such as fences, detached garages, and storage sheds.
- Personal Property — Covers the contents of your house, including furniture, clothing and appliances, if they are stolen, damaged, or destroyed.
- Liability — Protects you against financial loss if you are sued and found legally responsible for someone else’s injury or property damage. An umbrella policy is a great investment to help guard against liability exposure . . . read more.
- Medical Payments — Covers medical bills for people hurt on your property. Medical Payments coverage also pays for some injuries that may happen away from your home, such as if your dog bites someone.
- Loss of Use — Pays for additional living expenses if your home is too damaged to live in during repairs. Most standard homeowners insurance coverage pays 10 to 20 percent of the amount of your dwelling coverage.
IHS Insurance Group offers coverage with the best home insurance companies in Texas so you find the best value for your needs! Rather than selling coverage from just one carrier our licensed agents comparison-shop several major carriers to find each customer the best plan for their individual needs.